Total Pageviews

There was an error in this gadget

Friday, January 15, 2010

young Wattle bird



Yesterday afternoon the wattle birds appeared again. They come back to around our house in about Sept /Oct . The Oldies tell me this is the right time to plant as they herald in the safe time to plant. They have been absent for a while , nesting. Yesterday I noticed one on the power wire, calling his shreyek-shreyek, to all the world I was so pleased to hear him back.
Then this morning outside the computer room is an apricot tree, with one apricot left on it . I could hear a young bird, begging for food, when I looked it was a wattle bird youngster, and a parent who was teaching it to eat the apricot. By flicking his long tongue into the sweet flesh.
I love the wattle birds.


No comments:

Post a Comment